Categories: USA News

Donald Trump Unleashes on Supreme Court Ahead of Key Vote: ‘Disgrace’

President Donald Trump said it would be “a disgrace” if the Supreme Court allows birthright citizenship to remain in place, as the administration awaits a major ruling on his effort to limit automatic citizenship for some children born in the U.S.

Speaking to reporters at the White House on Thursday, Trump argued that birthright citizenship encourages immigration into the United States.

“It would be a disgrace if the Supreme Court of the United States allows that to happen,” the president said. “Remember what I said, 20 to 25 percent of the people coming into our country will come in through birthright citizenship.”

“They’ll become citizens through birthright citizenship, and it will cost us numbers that are, I don’t even think they’re doable,” he added.

Supreme Court Reviewing Trump Executive Order

In April, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case that centers around whether Trump’s January 2025 executive order seeking to limit automatic citizenship for certain children born in the U.S. complies with the citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment.

Trump’s order was met with multiple lawsuits, and courts have prevented it from taking effect so far.

More than a quarter of a million babies born in the U.S. each year would be affected by the order, according to research by the Migration Policy Institute and Penn State University’s Population Research Institute.

Black Hot Fire Network Team

BHFN Editorial Team covers breaking news, culture, and global developments impacting Black America, Africa, Kenya, and the African diaspora. Focused on timely reporting and community-driven perspectives, the team delivers news, analysis, and stories that inform, connect, and amplify diverse voices.

Share
Published by
Black Hot Fire Network Team

Recent Posts

Photos | Mississippians Protest Redistricting Efforts

Thousands of Mississippians marched in protest on Wednesday, May 20, in response to the U.S.…

56 minutes ago

Talk360 Signs Exclusive Deal with Hayo to Enhance International Calling for the African Diaspora

Cape Town, South Africa – Hayo, a leading innovator in digital solutions for emerging markets,…

1 hour ago

World Bank prepares emergency Ebola funding as Congo outbreak spreads to Uganda

The outbreak has already spread into Uganda, pushed the World Health Organization to declare…

1 hour ago

EXCLUSIVE: Hollywood Psychological Thriller ‘Bloodwood’ to Partly Shoot in Kenya

Bloodwood, the upcoming psychological thriller set in the Peruvian Amazon, will be partly filmed in…

1 hour ago

The Hidden Health Risks Behind Kenya’s Beloved Street Food Delicacy

It is the undisputed king of Kenyan street food—a smoky, heavily spiced, blood-and-meat-filled intestine that…

1 hour ago

UK Court Hands Life Sentence to Murderer of Kenyan Caregiver

The gruesome discovery of a 46-year-old mother’s body, battered with a brick and hidden beneath…

2 hours ago