Our Address

7518 SOUTHPOINTE PL
Pensacola, United States,
Florida, 32514

Contact Information

President Donald Trump said it would be “a disgrace” if the Supreme Court allows birthright citizenship to remain in place, as the administration awaits a major ruling on his effort to limit automatic citizenship for some children born in the U.S.

Speaking to reporters at the White House on Thursday, Trump argued that birthright citizenship encourages immigration into the United States.

“It would be a disgrace if the Supreme Court of the United States allows that to happen,” the president said. “Remember what I said, 20 to 25 percent of the people coming into our country will come in through birthright citizenship.”

“They’ll become citizens through birthright citizenship, and it will cost us numbers that are, I don’t even think they’re doable,” he added.

Supreme Court Reviewing Trump Executive Order

In April, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case that centers around whether Trump’s January 2025 executive order seeking to limit automatic citizenship for certain children born in the U.S. complies with the citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment.

Trump’s order was met with multiple lawsuits, and courts have prevented it from taking effect so far.

More than a quarter of a million babies born in the U.S. each year would be affected by the order, according to research by the Migration Policy Institute and Penn State University’s Population Research Institute.

President Donald Trump in the Oval Office at the White House on Thursday.
Share:

Avatar

BHFN Editorial Team covers breaking news, culture, and global developments impacting Black America, Africa, Kenya, and the African diaspora. Focused on timely reporting and community-driven perspectives, the team delivers news, analysis, and stories that inform, connect, and amplify diverse voices.